Re: Frisell/Torn????

From: Woehni <hovard@online.no>
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Frisell/Torn????
Date: Saturday, March 07, 1998 9:12 PM

Has frisell and torn ever released a cd together???
If so , can any of you give me the name of the cd and the record company?

Thanks in advance.Yours , Thomas W

-WELL........I don't think they did, but since i'm silly, i'll jump at the
chance to play "6 degrees...."

- Frisell released a disc with Vernon Reid, and Torn and Reid (with Elliott
Sharp) are doing a trio show at the knitting factory this friday 3/13 8pm
ET (don't forget to check out the webcast!!!www.knittingfactory.com)...

- Frisell's worked extensively with drummer Joey Baron, who played on a
recent Bowie CD - Bowie had Belew in his band, who had played with Bozzio
in Zappa's band, of course Bozzio recorded/toured Polytown with Torn..

- They've both used Kleins to excellent results...

- DT has a Will Calhoun Loop on a CD, Will has played on a John Scofield
CD, who in turn has a recent disc with Frisell....

- Frisell has played with Arto Lindsay, who's done stuff with Laurie
Anderson, who's worked with David Van Tieghem, who's recorded with Ryuichi
Sakamoto, whose new CD Discord features the busy Mr DT...

so- the moral of the story is- i've got too much tim on this rainy jersey
sunday afternoon.!!! Time to play !!!

andre' east