Folk, cases and the spice girls

John Pollock:
>Marcuse adds that while bray harps were obsolete on the continent by
>1700, "Talbot (ca. 1700) could still write of the Welsh harp and its
>brays, 'which give it a jarring sound.'

Ah, another peice of my Welsh heritage I've found I've lost... :(

>Hey-- guess where Pollock House is? :-)

I'm taking a wild guess here.... when I drive home I drive through the
Glaswegian suburbs of Pollockshaws and Pollockshields... I'm pretty sure we
have a pollock museum somewhere... So, looks like you've Glaswegian roots,
John!  Ever get the urge to headbutt people?

Some Michael or other:
>Well, well... Finally the folkies come out of the closet. And a happy
threesome
>we are!

Well, fol-de-rol!  Hey-nonny-nonny!

I actually don't have a folky background, but have consistently played it
since about 1993!  My current band is a Ceilidh (scottish dance music)
outfit - yes, we do have a fiddler - and my last band did Steeleye Span
covers.  I'll stick my neck out here and say that over here, Folk musos are
fare more adventurous than the Jazz lot, especially over the last 10-20
years; a prime example is the band Iona, who have a Stick player (Nick
Beggs) and featured ROBERT FRIPP playing LOOPED SOUNDSCAPES on ane album
(note unsubtle LD-relevant comments!), or the hiphop/celtic crossover of
Shooglenifty and (to a lesser extent) Capercaillie.  Enya will not be
mentioned.

>I actually play out mucho more w/folk than electric. This I might attempt
>remedy in the near future! I have way too much electric gear to not
somehow gig
>with it to justify it all!

No, go the whole hog and play folk ON your electic!  Remember Richard
Thompson et al...

On to cases:
Everybody recommended the SKB pedalboard with rackspaces.  Nice.. but four
hundred dollars?????

Trevor commented:
>My problem is that my rig always wants to tip forward.  I have a Rolls
>Tube preamp, Jammy, and Quadroverb.  My skb case is about three time as
>deep as it needs to be.

According to their catalogue (and www-page), they do make shallow cases.

Michael

PS: The last word goes to DT:
>both frisell & myself have been hired to *play* on the next spice girls
>cd.

Great!  Now I can watch Spice Girls videos with the sound turned up!!

"Tell me what you want, what you really really want...."
ZZZZZZOOOWWWMMMdakadakadakaBOOMwibblywibblywiblley.....  :)