Re: Speakers (Radio Shack Pro products)

>We have JBL Eons...which are just grand.  But we also monitor and fool
>around
>with AR powered partners speakers through a Chameleon preamp, and a Rivera
>stereo TBR-1 head through all kinds of speakers...including...and man do
>the
>tweeters go out...Radio Shack Optimus LX-5 with Lineaum tweeters.
>
>Anyway, the Rivera head sounds the best, with all the gadgets running
>through
>it's effect loop and it has double lines out to the PA as well as regular
>power lines out for speaker...but it's a dilemma which speakers to hang
>off
>the power outputs.  The little hifi radio shack guys don't have punch and
>crunch, and if you hit them hard with something unexpected, the woofers
>will
>go CRACK...but they're nice at coffee house volumes and you get addicted
>"hi fi" tweeters doing mobius like loops in stereo with the Lexicon
>Vortex.

I've got a couple pairs of the now discontinued Radio Shack LX-3s which are
an even samaller enclosure with 4" Kevlar "woofers" and the Lineaum
tweeters--when they closed em out I recommended them to friends--amazing
little speakers from the folks that brought us affordable PZM mics
(Crown-licensed--got a fistful of those when the license agreement expired)
and some decent cheap Shure-manufactured dynamic mics

no bottom on the LX-3's, but you can get an amamazing amount of quality
sound out of shoebox-sized enclosures . . . My recently acquired KRK K-ROKS
obviously have a lot more crank than the LX-3s, but weigh four times as
much
. . .

then again my venue is my 14'x15' studio space ;)

drone on~~~Tom
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net