Re: minidisc v. analog

Cassettes are cheaper, cost less, have better frequence response, add
warmth.

Cassette 4-tracks are cheap, bulletproof, and well tested.

Minidisc is expensive, mediorce frequency responce, cost a lot, and
degrade your sounds.

The players are untested, expensive, fragile.

If you are going to use digital (and there are plenty of reasons) do it
right and get a DAT machine.  If you are looking for cheap and easy (and
good sounding- remember for years casette tapes were our best friends) I
would buy a cassette 4-track.

I am in the process of selling my session8 and gigundo rack (mainly to
make my life somewhat more portable, but also because the guy who's
taking it will put the poor lonely bastard to good use) and getting a
little tascam.  While you do get a little noise bouncing tracks on a
cassette, that hardly seems worse the minidisc compression I have heard
that you get when you bounce on a minidisc.