Re: deja vu Akai S612

Bizarre . . .I just did a trade for one that is supposedly coming in this
weekend--in fact I saw your subject heading and thought it was the guy
telling me when he was getting in . . .

I haven't had a chance to play with one , but I liked the fact that

1) typical period-Akai styling--lights and had lots of tweakable KNOBS (an
obsession of mine--ask anyone on this list)--don't need to mess with
computors--real tactile loop manipulation

2) 12 bit like my Casio RZ-1 sampling drum machine--like the even dozen.
16, 20, 24 bits means increased resolution of my lack of musicianship.

3) matches my AX-80 synth from the same period

4) if you can find an AX-60 or 73 synth, you can run the samples through
the
synths versatile filter section---Yummm!  I'm on the prowl . . .

I got all my info from Synth Site, Hyperreal (Analogue Machines), Synth
Museum and Synth Fool! all of which have info on these Akai pieces---Oh
yeah, and Steve (SKULLSAW) of this group who has one (save the Japanese
instruments disc for me!)

all looped up and nowhere to go~~~Tom

Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net