Re: OT re:CDR870/audio CDR discs

Thanks to Bret for these tips from some 10 days back--finally got some time
free & picked up a couple "normal" CDRs for testing.  I'll be durned--works
like a charm.  Of course you must record the entire disc & finalize it
before the machine is shut down, but still, at a price as low as 99 cents
for 74 minutes of digital recording, can this be beat?  Anyone out there
shopping for a DAT machine, think this over.  How much do you pay for a 74
min. DAT tape?  And can you jump to tracks instantaneously?  Suffered from
tape dropout?  The CDR870 is cheaper than pretty much *any* DAT machine I
know of, and--for me--being able to play the disc on any CD player is a BIG
plus.

Only problem: SCMS!  Of course want to put my freshly-recorded CDR into my
CD deck and make copies.  Does anyone know of a good source for a SCMS
stripper?  In NYC, Manny's didn't know what I was talking about and Sam Ash
Pro Audio just put me on hold for about an hour.  I know there are kits
around for under $100, but my soldering hand is exhausted & I've heard a
ready-to-go stripper might be $200....

I told my girlfriend I was looking for a scum stripper and she thought it
had something to do with my bathroom.  More like she was *hoping* it had
something to do with it....