Phantom ringing

TritoneDW wrote:

> Here's the thing--I've had it for as long as I can remember, way
> before I started to listen to loud music. I had a lot of ear infections
>as a
> kid, so I think that's got something to do with it.

I have always had a phantom ringing in my ears as well, long before I
started playing guitar.  I have some pretty intense allergies, which
lead to a alot of sinusitus and bronchitus (once I lived with a cat and
got pneumonia), and seeing as how those two systems are fairly
interconnected I have always assumed that they were related.  I have
also heard that some small amount of ringing is fairly natural, and
nothing much to worry about in most cases.  Could be wrong though- does
anybody know for sure?

Trevor