future/history

A hearty second to Tom Lambrecht's "must read" recommendation
of "The Tuning of the World" by R. Murray Schafer. I've mentioned it
before to the list, and as I'm re-reading it now it's all too obvious that
almost anyone interested in the nature of sound/music (DJ,looper,
bedroom,dinette set,...), would find this book a delight. The discussion
of any "future" of these arts,crafts,and related devices is best begun
by addressing the history of sound and technology, and this is an
excellant book to augment your information flow on the subject.

                                                                   Bryan
Helm
  P.S. Mr. Schafer coined the term
          "Soundscape" in 1968.