Re[2]: phantom ringing

There's a group up in SF, California called SRL or Survival Research Labs.
forget who the originator is (Mark something or other... Please help me
out you
SF types) but he's fairly well known in Art School circles. They regularly
used
to stage "Unique Machine" demonstrations which would consist of robotic
and/or
audio/visual elements which somehow would challenge the audience in
various
ways. Such as huge explosions and threatening behaviour of machines or
seemingly
unstable foundations etc. (These demonstrations or events have been mostly
banned in the US. Europe appears to be more lenient with what they will
allow.)

In a video of theirs they unveil a "Sonic Cannon" which emits a high
decibel but
very low frequency sound. Interview excerpts then go on to explain the
various
theoretical physiological responses to this sound as told by expert
scientists
about, mostly damaging, physical and nervous system responses to this
sound.

Anyway, they proceeded to show clips of their demonstration of this
device.
(They are located in the Lower Mission area of SF near a park). I'm not
sure if
this is similar to the Tesla device, but an interesting thing happened.
The
video shows shots of mostly adults running away from the sound, but
curiously,
the majority of children running towards it. I found that very revealing!

I have no idea if anyone was actually hurt by the contraption.

-Miko

PS: I also watch the XF-ers...

  One more thing about "phantom ringing" :

  I read some article years ago about Nicola Tesla and some kind of "sound
  weapon" which would transmit tones across great distances.  Or maybe it
  was an energy source which gave off some extra noise.  In any case, this
  technology was supposedly never realized and buried.  I've always thought
  that this phantom ringing (which I also..) was from secret government
  tests of this Tesla technology.  But I watch the X-files religiously
  so...

  ed chang