CDR870 disc duplication

This is driving me nuts, and using up discs.  I can copy, copy, copy.  But
I discovered that I cannot copy ANY disc complete with track numbering,
etc.--in other words, it seems that though I get the digital audio in, no
other info is being recognized.  On the good side, no SCMS; on the other,
no complete duplication.  That is, I can dupe any CD--but it's all one
track!  Anybody got a clue here?  Have made an initial email contact with
Philips, but no response yet.

Sorry this is getting so off-topic, but it still seems to be of interest to
several folks here....