Re: Phantom ring modulating

I would say that perhaps ring modulation is more relevant to those
primarily interested in "sound" over note-based "music" (apologies,
Karlheinz....  Has anyone here heard "Mantra"?).  Take "pitch shifting" and
"intelligent pitch shifting" (in BOSS gear terms): if the "intelligent"
variety (calculates intervals, etc.) is a "step up", then ring modulation
is a definite step down--i.e., it's whacked.  Perhaps it's a matter of
coming to truly appreciate the value of frightening small children....

Anybody here want to consider constructing a ring mod, I may be able to
give at least some advice.