Issues on Wireless Sound

At 10:14 AM 18-03-98 -0500, you wrote:
>One of Tesla's big concerns was the possibility of transmitting power
>without wires.  J.P. Morgan began financing the gear to do this (a tower
>was built on Long Island, with which T. expected to send AC to Europe),
>but
>someone asked JP what free power would do for him, and that was the end of
>that....

This issue with regard to sound is an ongoing intrigue.
Motorola is putting up 60 LEOs or so to have wireless phone communication
around the world.
Wireless mikes, guitars are some solved issues.  However computers, tvs are
still largely is some sense run by wire.  The ineffectiveness of this can
be evinced in Austin where phone companies trying to control the next
generation of lines downtown are continually ripping up our streets to take
out, put in new wire.  It is happening now, and with Austin's technology
bids, I see no stop.
ISDN, fiber optic cable, phone line.
To me lines seem inefficient, think about the set up time
you have for your rigs.  Some day with intelligent machines it may be a
pointless arguement, but until the need is really seen, no supervening
social necessity... I can't see my dubbing deck having peace accords with
my cd players any time soon.
I had some questions for a U.T. professor recently as to why we did not go
completely wireless, he stated that the reception of wireless was fine, but
that the transmission was very inefficient.  I did not get to follow this
up, but I have a feeling it relates to mainly mass media...  Any thoughts
with regards to wireless out there?   Would a wireless world pose possible
problems?