Re: sample sites, Loop/Sample Info

----------
> From: matthew hahn <esker@mail.utexas.edu>
> To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
> Subject: Re: brown25, sample sites, Loop/Sample Info
> Date: Sunday, March 22, 1998 12:48 PM
>
>   The DAW makes things very
> >flexible as far as recording.  You can change the sound on each
> >track...like make one track go backwards while the rest go
> forward....and
> also make each go at a different speed...so if a sample is out of the key
> >you want, you can slow down/speed up

> Is pitch dependent on speed?  That would seem pretty hard to deal with,
> unless you let tempos be off?

Mjh,

you can change according to pitch and speed both with SAW +...of course,
taking the pitch down drastically does change the speed somewhat....but
it's more of a physical post-production thing.  Once you get familiar with
software like this, you learn tricks to manipulate what you need for the
piece...I'm still learning.  The tempo may differ slightly in the
end....but the average person may not be able to figure it out.  I'm just
into hodgepodging stuff...if tempos go off....screw it, if it still sounds
cool to me.  Ultimately, it depends on what you're in to as far as
recording goes.

thanks for your interest, if you have any other questions, let me know!
brown25