Re: ProjeKct 2 @ Palookaville, Santa Cruz, CA...

> From: Paolo Valladolid <pvallado@waynesworld.ucsd.edu>

> > sucks!"  And it does!!!  What is so fascinating about a guitarist
playing
> > crappy keyboard sounds on a guitar?  Okay....obviously this is a
personal
> > pet peeve.  I just don't get it.
>
> I think it is Fripp showing his sense of humor.  I recall someone
> reporting that he played a Hendrix tune using a cheesy organ patch to
> add a whimsical touch to it.

I know a couple of people have hinted at the humor thing...but I don't buy
it.  To me he seemed pretty serious about exploring this crappy piano
patch.  We're talking extended noddling over the course of several songs.
Heck, he even switched from the beloved Fripp fuzz to the piano patch mid
solo.  The outrage!!!! :-)

I think when Fripp is trying to be funny with his tone selection he makes
it obvious.  For example, for their encore their played VROOOM (or was it
VROOOM VROOOM?)...anywho...he used an organ patch...it was funny.....for 5
minutes and then it was stale.  Perhaps his timing as a comedian is just
off?

> > P.S.  That being say, the P2 song directly after the intermission was
> > *very* cool, erie, and sublime.  How in the heck was Gunn triggering
those
> > vocal samples?  IMO, this song hinted at what this group of musicians
are
> > capable of.
>
> Gunn's Warr Guitar is now MIDI-fied with RMC pickups.  I forget his exact
> rig, however.

Duh!!!  (To me...not you!)  That's right....I remember seeing a little
glowing red dot and the familiar shape of what I took to be a Roland GK-2
pickup.

Matt