Re[4]: ProjeKct 2 @ Palookaville, Santa Cruz, CA...

     Hi Travis...

     I have to say, I was thrilled to hear them do exactly what they did.
     saw Crim play when they were here, and liked that for what that was
as
     well. Meself... I kind of prefer hearing them tap dance in real time!

     In regards to rough sketches vs. finished product. I believe Fripp
has
     been very vocal about working fast with limited takes in the studio
     better capture true musicical moments as opposed to canned rote
     performances. (This is a pretty polarized way of putting it).

     Does that imply that Crimson with it's highly composed elements is
     actually the most restrictive setting for Fripp and possibly at odds
     with his real-time playing philosophy?

     I thought that the earlier comparison to Miles early 70's stuff was
     pretty cool. Not that I would reference the jazzy synth lines he
     played as the most direct linkage to that music... I'd say P2 was
more
     closely related by their distinct lack of structure and stream of
     consciousness approach. Anyone can play cheesy faux bop, but that
     doesn't necessarily breathe Miles' magic into it. I give P2 a lot of
     credit for their liquid jamminess!

     -Miko

     PS: I think there's another band out there called U2 (formerly UnIt
2)
     who Fripp copied the P2 name from! How unoriginal. I believe I heard
     him playing a couple of licks from the Zoozopa release as well. tsk,
     tsk! 8->