Re[2]: ProjeKct 2 @ Palookaville, Santa Cruz, CA...

>        Well, maybe it's not exactly a NEW vocabulary, but It's a chance
LOOK
>        for the new, while having a little fun. This tour offered these
three
>        persons the opportunity to improvise *together*. Sometimes magic
>        happens, sometimes dreck. But the opportunity* doesn't often
present
>        itself.

I do completely agree with Mike on this. I never attended a ProjeKct2
performance (er... I live in Italy, don't forget, they've not been here
yet - Mr. Fripp? Toc toc! Are you coming to Italy? Lotta people waiting for
you... ;) ), but I had the chance to be at one of the very first concerts
of
RF + Trey Gunn + David Sylvian - a trio without drums (was many years
ago...). That's been really amazing, since it was clear that the guys were
there to *try* something new, they were experimenting a lot, and the result
was quite surprising. That experience was unique to me (and something
really
magic happened then), I've never heard anymore the same things again. They
never issued a record or something similar: the subsequent RF+DS recordings
available (i.e., Damage) all include drums, and all the songs are well
structured - very nice though, but totally different from that primordial
show...

All my best
The Looping Uncle 8^)#