Nasty `n`cheap! (was:Digital vs analog)

>    One sound that comes to mind is the lousy reverb in my Zoom 9002. Its
>like a spring that goes "boing" but the "boing" is too perfect to be a
>spring.

 Here is a tip to anyone with crappy reverb machines:
Try putting it on a long decay-setting and place it IN FRONT of
a nasty Fuzzbox.  The reslulting guitartone sounds like its on fire!!!!!
Picture an  F-16 goin down ,  with  smoke coming out of both engines.

I love this sound , particulary with a chorus or phaser wich adds "fuel to
the fire".

Im shure all of you have some ideas how to get crappy sounds from crappy
gear-
lets hear it!

Yours , Thomas W

(my favourite crapmachine is the Alesis midiverb and midifex. These babies
are all over the
place for sale and noone wants them. I`m quite a collector!  so you Klein
ppl can all
kiss my.......:-)  )