a few questions

hi one and all
i am going to list my set-up and then ask a few questions
guitar-sans amp gt2-alesis qudraverb 2-boss delay dm3 (foot
pedel)-boomerang-
marantz 4 trac (used as a mixer)-tascam 2 trac for playable tape.
the q2 has two line outs, one i send to the rang the other to trac 2 on the
marantz. this alows me to effect the volume of the newest loop by using the
marantz and the rangs thru feature. this of course does not change the
volume
on the rangs loop, its just a real time feature for playing control.
now the questions:
1) am i set up properly? is there a better way to utilize this equipment
for
more control? i know the marantz has effect sends etc. but i have not been
able to get this to work. im at a loss regarding this. so i bypass the
whole
thing and just go direct into the marantz.
2)i also use an old casio cz 5000 which has an 8 trac sequencer on board
and
many of the cheesyest sounds inside-its all i got-i also use a shure 588sb
mic
for attempts at vocal nonsense. i am forever plugging and unplugging these
items into the sans amp. is there a way to have everything pulgged in at
once?
im sure the answer is simple but i am simpler still!!
3)i need a footpedel to control the q2 rather than manualy using the
buttons
on it.
i have never played a jam or a plex but someday the spirit may move me in
that
direction at which time said footpedel will have to work in an up-graded
system, sooo any suggestions other than taking my accustic to an aveary
with
da birds.
4) and i will shut up- i am computer illiterate but i have an opcode
program
for my humble mac, its memory is less than mine, once again looking to up-
grade. does maddness lie in this direction?
thanks for reading this far, any and all help will be
welcome............lost
in pittsburgh...........................michael