Re: Nasty `n`cheap! (was:Digital vs analog)

Thomas W.  wrote:
>Im shure all of you have some ideas how to get crappy sounds from crappy
gear-
>lets hear it!<

I like to use the worst resolution on my old Roland SDE1000 delay and apply
this to looped rhythms and beats. I set the delay time using a definite
note relationship with respect to the tempo (e.g. a phase shift of 1/8,
3/8, or 5/8 notes) and pan the resulting shifted beats opposite to each
other. In combination with gratuitous usage of the x2 switch on the Roland
(the "instant dub" button), I can effect radically changing beats with
window-pane-rumblin' and chalkboard-scratchin' pitch shifts. It's a gas. I
also like the way that the delayed beat sounds so hollow and forlorn.

Bye,
Rob