Re: Echoperplexing Questions

At 10:47 AM 3/31/98 -0700, baumhaus@earthlink.net wrote:
>Greetings Loopers,
>
>First post to this list, and about to make the leap and purchase the
>Echoplex Digital Pro.
>
>Couple of questions to you all (mainly because most of the retailers in
>my physical and/or electronic vicinity don't have many answers):
>
>1) What's the max. amount of memory that can be added to this unit?
>
>2) What's the ratio of Mb to recording time?

max memory is 16MB, by using four 4MB 30-pin simms. That gives you 198
seconds of loop time, which can be used in a variety of ways. (really long
loops, multiple loops, #undo's available, multiplying/inserting on a loop,
etc.). Upgrading to the max possible memory is very cheap these days,
there's hardly any excuse not to do it.

don't know the answers to the other questions....

kim

>3) A retailer has two units on their 'cryptic' product list, one called
>the Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro, which lists for $999.00, and another
>called the Oberheim OYEP0001 Digital Pro which lists for $879.00. Anyone
>have a clue about the difference?
>
>4) Last but not least, the best retail price I've found so far is
>$649.00 (4 Mb, sans footpedal controller, which is another $119.00) from
>zZounds in Chicago (found thru Harmony Central). Anyone know of a better
>price?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Lance Glover (aka Wafflehead)
>baumhaus@earthlink.net
>

>PS Howdy to B. Moreland (re 'backwards' thread on vs880 list several
>months back)

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com