Re: Oberheim Drummer (was: Loopinh Ensembler)

Pat Murphy wrote:
>It is an interactive
>midi drum pattern device.<

SUM QUESTIONS:
 - does it track tempos (i.e. adjust to a shifting MIDI clock)?
 - can patterns/ tracks be programmed?

5 GENERAL QUESTIONS (concerning Looping Ensemble problems and reiterating
the Rev. DOubt-GOat to some extent):
 - how long until loop-(time-)stretching/compression is available in an
affordable unit?
 - is this a question of DSP's getting more priceworthy or are there more
fundamental problems (I can imagine quite a few headaches, i.e. what if
someone's looped time is a bit "off" - time stretching will only exagerate
the error)?
 - why don't our looping/music systems have FAST-Ethernet or some other
computer interface instead of MIDI (sorry about the naivetŽ on this one)?
 - what do we stand to gain with new digital music communication protocols/
interfaces OR how are we currently limited (again, sorry if this has
already been discussed)?
 - who's counting anyway?

Thanks a lot,
Rob