Re: Price sharing etiquette

<<
 Thanks for making that point Peter.  Maybe I've just subscribed
 to rather helpful newgroups in the past, but this group does seem a bit
 on the helpful-only-if-I-can-toot-my-own-horn-in-the-process side.

 Last week I asked a simple question, "What is the going rate for a used
 JamMan?".  I received not even ONE response.  I would imagine that 80%
 of you have a good idea.  Was my question too basic and "newbee" for all
 you pros?

 --  >>

I can't speak for everyone else, but I often don't respond to these
questions
because I don't see them.  This list generates a LOT of mail, as you know.
Generally, I only have time to skim the posts, and maybe read one or two if
I'm lucky.  I certainly don't care about tooting my horn, and I don't
really
get the impression that too many other people here care about that
either--I
could be wrong.

I think we've got a great thing going here, and I would certainly like to
help
other people if I can. Perhaps those of us who have tons of time to read
each
post in detail should up their commitment to public service  :-).

As a practical point, there's a lot of info for those just getting
involved in
this stuff on the LD website. Check it out.

Drew W.