Re: Guitar Center Pricing

TritoneDW wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've noticed something interesting about Guitar Center--how much it
>sucks (or
> does't suck) really depends which town you're in. For example, I will
>never
> give one damn cent to the, uh, "people"at the Hollywood or San Francisco
>GCs,
> but when I lived in St. Paul, I thought the Roseville GC was great--good
> prices, no bullshit. It would be great to compile a ratings list for GCs
> nationwide.

I think it probably depends on the individual employees you're dealing
with, more than the store.  I was in the GC near my home yesterday for
the first time in a year or so, to buy a harmonica.  The accessories
sales droid found the one I wanted, took my credit card, then proceeded
to answer the phone.  He spent a full ten minutes trying to diagnose
someone's equipment problem-- _without_ processing my order or handing
my sale off to someone else (and I was one of only 3 or 4 customers in
the entire store).  Meanwhile, I'm wrestling my not-quite-three year old
son, who desperately wants to play "that purple guitar over there,
daddy" (an Ernie Ball Van Halen model with a $2700 price tag).

Needless to say, I was steamed.  I eventually got the harp, the sales
droid got an earful from me, and so did the manager.  But I've had very
positive experiences on almost every previous visit to the store, so I
won't hold this one against the store or GC in general.

John
Troubador Tech (http://people.delphi.com/johnpollock/)