Re: warren haynes

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Kim Flint wrote:

> Along that traditional guitar player vein, some other names that have
>been
> checking out looping devices include Peter Frampton and Tony Iommi.....

I seem to recall seeing Iommi doing some loop work (laying down a backing
bit and then soloing over it) in the early 80's with Black Sabbath. I
believe he used this technique in those days for an extended solo intro to
the band's eponymous song. He might have also done some looping for the
ambient tracks on _Mob Rules_ and _Born Again_. I'll have to re-listen to
these tonight when I get home.

-Adam (whose original inspiration to pick up a guitar at age 11 was Tony
       Iommi)

---
       "...if one strives at hearing for the sake of constant virtue,
       out of seeking liberation from cyclic existence, gradually one
                           becomes a Hearer."
                           - Chandrakirti

              T h e   D a r k   A e t h e r   P r o j e c t
                   http://www.ari.net/prog/bands/dap/