Re: dt clarification: was Frisell in Portland (minimal loop content)

93

wrote:
> >When I get my DOD dfx98, I'm thinking of
> >setting it on a stool, playing the knobs and
> >stealing Bill's gig! Absolutely different from
> >how I have always approached looping (more the
> >Fripp/Torn direction).
> !!!??!!!
> hello?
> sorry to take up valuable LD bandwidth
(again), but i'm
> just aiming at a bit of clarification, here:
> rf & i certainly do *not* share an "approach"
to our live use of looping, any
> more than we share an approach to our
guitar-playing.

Sorry to twist yer knobs there dt, I probably
should have written it as "more the Fripp *or*
Torn direction".  Didn't mean to imply that
you're joined at the loop with RF!

By the bye, the other day I listened to "Secrets
of the Beehive" for the first time in a couple
of years and "The Boy with the Gun" just knocked
me on the floor! I remember when I first got
that album wondering where the dt was, and now,
suddenly, I can hear that practically the whole
meat of the song is you! And I have no idea in
hell how you did most of it! Absolutely
spellbinding!

93

Rev. DOubt-GOat