Re: Weird old program (dr SBAITSO!)

(I joined this list yesterday. Don't blame me -yet- for being off-topic)

The program Andy mentiones is called dr. Sbaitso, which came with the 8-bit
Soundblaster Pro sound card. The progam works fine on my Soundblaster 64
and
it's as much fun getting him to squeak "I might get parity error if you
keep
on talking like this" as it was back then.

Also included was a program called SBTALK, which could "read" an
ASCII-file.
I remember having it read my autoexec.bat... Being hilarious was easy in
those days (1973 or so, wasn't it?) You might also remember the
(Norwegian?)
blue parrot that laughed in a user-defined pitch whenever you hit a key. I
bet Creative Labs has the three of them lying aroud somewhere.

"Memory contents will be wiped off after you leave",

dFD.