RE: Gear talk...upcoming cheap multi-loop option

I had this sort of an idea a while ago (just quietly)
I was going to use 5 zoom 4 sec pedals, with a home made switcher.
In the end I figured that it was clearly not worth it.
The 5 zoom pedals would have been Aus $300 ea, so that is $1500 Aus.
The switcher would have been another hundred or so.

Compare that setup to a fully tanked echoplex (198 sec of loop time) ,
with a fully integrated foot controller.

Even in Australia, at $2800 the echoplex is still a much better deal.

I can import the Echoplex (plus foot controller) myself for Aus $1700
(US $715)through bananas at large, so that makes the "cheap" option less
attractive.

All of these little toys soon add up.
I would really encourage anyone thinking about these cheap loop devices
to just save your dosh and buy an echoplex.

I am sure the added functionality of the echoplex alone would be worth
many cheapy boxes.

Jamie Lack
jlack@auran.com