Re: Computers **(MSP)**

Hi all,

>I saw the topic of computers come up, and while I have to agree that
>computer synthesis, to this point, has been inadequate (on many counts)
>for
>musical performance.  There is something you all REALLY need to check out.
>It's called MSP ("max signal processing")  and is an extension to the
>programming language MAX tha runs on Power PC macs.

I've mentioned the power of MSP here before. For ease of programming, it
can't be beat. I wrote a 4 channel looper in a very short time. For anyone
interested, it can be grabbed off of my home page listed below.

If anyone has the machine to run MSP, you should also check out
SuperCollider at http://www.audiosynth.com/. While it's much harder to work
with than MSP, I don't think that there is anything that this one can't do.

Both programs are well worth the time and effort to learn and use.

Ken

My music and other stuff:
http://www.eclipse.net/~kmistove/

King Crimson music (Elephant Tape):