Computers on Stage

> Software synths are a great development, but again, I'm not sold on
> dragging a computer to a gig to use them live.

i love the (at this point in history) low tech Ensoniq Mirage for
"computing on stage" - it's a very basic sequencer based sampler, but you
can really do a LOT of stuff, and controll the results via the evil twin
midi....

i've got a rack mounted one, and i do see these around pretty cheap. sort
of an in between solution - a music-based computer, yet reliable as hell.

andre'