Re: footpedal question

well, comparing to computer keyboards is not really fair. Those are
manufactured in million piece volumes, which drops manufacturing costs
practically to nothing, and gives the manufacturers access to slave-labor
factories in Malaysia. Not to mention massive volume price deals on
shipping, etc. Little music industry companies like Oberheim can't possibly
enjoy such luxuries. Prices on niche products are always going to be higher
for that reason. In fact, I would say that if you paid $20 for a computer
keyboard, you got completely ripped off for that. It probably didn't cost
them more than $3 to put it in your local store.....it's the fries and
cokes
of the PC industry.

kim

At 02:22 PM 7/29/98 -0500, Dennis W. Leas wrote:
>I made five EDP pedals.  Each has an additional push-on push-off switch
which lets me select
>which of my two EDPs I control.  I took my original EDP pedal to a
sheet-metal fabricator and
>they made me five identical boxes for $100 (i.e., $20 each).  At $125,
>IMHO
the Oberheim pedel
>is "not worth the money".  When I got my first EDP and opened up the
>pedel,
I felt ripped-off;
>but at least I could begin looping immediately.  You can purchase COMPLETE
computer keyboards
>for $20!
>
>- Dennis Leas
>

>Chuck Zwicky wrote:
>>
>> Try Mouser electronics. www.mouser.com
>>
>> At 10:04 AM 7/29/70 -0700, you wrote:
>> >Anyone know of a company that offers a good selection of metal chassis
>> >boxes of various shapes and sizes (eg. for footpedals), at reasonable
>> >prices ?
>> >
>> >Thanks, in advance!
>> >
>> >- chris

Kim Flint, MTS                 408-752-9284
Chromatic Research             kflint@chromatic.com
http://www.chromatic.com