Re: average loop music CD price

<< what would be an appropriate price for a CD (ambient, experimental
loops)
in
 the US? I've seen prices from $12 to $21 ...

Personally, I'm a fan of people who put reasonable prices on thier music,
rather than "competing" with the "average" price for cds, which is way too
high in most cases.

It drives me up a wall to see something I might want to check out priced
outrageously, when a label like Dark Beloved Cloud can take the Spaceheads'
"Around The Outside" cd* and sell it for $3.... POSTPAID.

I can understand there is a higher set of operating costs involved in
exporting your work to another country, but is there still a reason to put
base price of $12 on something that costs less than $2 to manufacture?

(* which I'd highly recommend - 43 minutes of live bass loops, trumpet
blazing
and ultra-tight drumming... inventive and engaging!)

Anyway, that's my whine. Price it as low as you can, so that everyone can
afford to pick it up and experience it, instead of picking it up and going
"gee, I wish this wasn't $20".

- Bill
Crossedout@aol.com