Re: Software vs Hardware on Stage

Hi Paolo,

>Just wanted to point out that if you are actually doing something live,
>in realtime, with the MIDI sequence as it plays, then to me that would
>count as a performance.

It of course depends on the artist and the relationship he/she has with the
instruments at hand, of course.  I was mainly addressing the idea that we
are so often today dependant on aspects of technology for some things, and
it sure caused some good discussion, eh?

I've decided to try to approach the ambient show idea on my own, and then
let people decide if they'd like to participate.  Last week I was jawing
this over with a friend, and the idea came up as, "why NOT make it a solo
show?"  After all, it's not like I don't have enough material!  It's just
that my idea originally involved a 6-8 hour stretch...

Stephen.