musique concrete

for those people interested in the history of looping: my little looping
history article on the website mentions musique concrete very briefly. A
very
nice extensive article about this topic can be found in the August issue
of
WIRE (not Wired).

One other thing I found in the same magazine is that there are tape loops
on
Herbie Hancock's 1973 album SEXTANT (reissued on Sony recently) - the
loops
contained sound generated by a device called Random Resonator which was
developed by a certain Tom Oberheim ... anyone know this guy?

*       michael peters          mpeters@csi.com
*       "escape veloopity"      electronic guitar loop music
*       http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Mpeters