RE: Is CoolEdit 96 freeware?

I agree totally with you Stephen.

SPA actually stands for Software Publishers Association, not Protection
Association.  You may have noticed my e-mail address is
steve.lauder@elspa.com ...  ELSPA is a European version of SPA (European
Leisure Software Publishers Association), and amongst many other things, we
look after the intellectual property rights of our members.

When a company invests from 250,000 to 1 million pounds developing a
software title, I think it is a very low act to defraud that company of the
money it deserves.  Indeed, many pirates in the UK (as I'm sure they do in
America) create compilation CDs and add a tag to them to create an identity
for themselves; for example Manga Vol X, (a games compilation) or Blobby 33
(Games and utilities compilation).  When these pirates find others copying
and selling their compilations, they don't take too kindly to someone else
ripping off their hard work (like the pot calling the kettle black).

Its the same for many of the musicians on this list, who I'm sure don't
take
too kindly to having their music copied and distributed by people who
haven't got a clue how much work has gone into that recording.

I suppose what I'm saying is it is morally incorrect to use pirated
software - make sure everything you use is correctly licensed and
registered.  Music software is the most difficult to configure correctly
for
a Personal Computer, and technical support can save you hours of your time
setting up your system - so it pays you to use genuine copies.

Right, I'll get down off my soap box now!

Steve Lauder