Re: Home Studio

>Today, I went and picked up the Soundblaster 128PCI soundcard...

Great!  Do you think you could let me know how you get on with it?  I'm
itching to upgrade my AWE 64, but I'm looking for the right card to do it
with.  The main thing I'm concerned about is how heavily it relies on the
CPU for its operations.

I run a P166MMX (6 months ago it sounded like a dream machine, now it
sounds
like I need to upgrade!), and even a simple task such as playing a music CD
whilst playing Quake causes considerable system slowdown.

 - Steve