Laptop Soundcard

Hi All,

Can anyone recomend a good sound card for my laptop?  I have a Panasonic
CF-63, 166mhz w/ accelerater, 32mb ram, pentium, 32 bit.  I want to be
able
to record samples directly into my laptop from my mixer.  Right now I get
a lot of hiss going through the mic input. (which is an 1/8" plug, urgh!)

Also, when I play clean samples live I get cpu noise.  Is there anyway to
illiminate that?  It seems to show up more when I perform live in a club.
Will a better sound card improve that?  Cost is a consideration too.

My apology for the non-looping content.  I appreciate any information that
will help me get to a better looping sound though.

Thanx,
Mark of b.