Re: On Talks with Clubowners...

future perfect wrote:

> Whoah!
> You'd be suprised how many coffeehouses *do* pay fo you to play 'ambient,
> electronic' stuff. I get booked around here (and get paid) simply because
> it's not typical coffeehouse music. Hell, I supported an East Coast US
>tour
> playing only coffeehouses.
> And no tip jar is ever involved. Give it a try.
> Dave Eichenberger

Here in LA, playing for free isn't just the norm, it's pretty much
expected until you can prove that you draw a certain number of people
with an average gig (and even then you're not necessarily making
money).  More power to you, though -- I only wish more of that sort of
treatment of musicians extended to LA.

--Andre