Re: Sampling-dilemma (no solution offered here).

Thomas's analysis is  very insightful, I think, and points out a real
problem: who will determine if a sound is modified enough to be
original? If a law is passed to protect artist's rights then some
committee will have to be established to render judgements on every
case. Sounds like a perscription for slow and inconsistent treatment of
individuals, in other words a typical government beaurocracy.
  I don't think it's "reactionary" just good sense to say create your
own samples, license them from the creator or purchase commercially
available grooves and sounds.

Motley