Re: Fwd: FNV-RIAA IS CRACKING DOWN

What do y'all think about visual artists who use collage-type techniques in
their work?  For example artists (whose names I won't list here) who use
commercial advertisements, national icons, media characters, brand names,
etc...  as part of a mixed media painting?  Or sculpture (I recall one
friend who nailed a mangled MacIntosh keyboard into a piece of sculpture
and burned it and then exhibited the remains)?  Would that person be
obligated to ask Apple for permission?  I'd think that that's a rare (if
ever) occurrence.  Is there 'theft of image' here?

Kim Flint <kflint@chromatic.com> on 08/26/98 03:53:28 AM

Please respond to Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com