Re: POWER (was:FNV-RIAA IS CRACKING DOWN)

In a message dated 8/27/98 4:43:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
hovard@online.no
writes:

<<   Am I beeing paranoid or is the internet a much greater force than
anyone
can imagine? That its replacing TV as a forum for ideas and thoughts? I`m
not
counting books and newspapers because they aren`t open for EVERYONE , they
have to sell. >>

TV isn't open to everyone (unless you have easy access to public tv and the
wherewithal to take the classes and sign up for the times to work on your
show
and air it), and neither is the internet, since you can't just hook up, you
have to have a computer, you have to go through some sort of provider... I
don't know if the internet is going to have the impact that TV does, until
it's in as many households as TVs are.

Last figures I heard were 90% of all households had TV's , but only 81% had
telephones.... I think computers are way down on the list.

- Bill
Crossedout@aol.com