Re: Roland S-550 sampler?

I used to use on of these.  Great sound, Roland interface (this might be
good or bad depending on what you think of Roland interface.  Only one
problem as far as I can tell:  This unit really wants to be used with a
VGA video monitor for waveform editing, etc.  The video driver card brings
up the noise floor by about 20dB.