Modulations 'n Miles

Laurie said:>...I  would still recommend Modulations if for no other reason
than to catch talking
> head interviews with some of the pioneering greats - Stockhausen, Moog,
and
> Macero come immediately to mind.  For instance, Macero describes the tape
slice
> n' splice he did with some of Miles' stuff (i.e. Live Evil) which I found
quite
> interesting.

this brings to mind a recommendation.... right now i'm spinning disc 2 of
the new Henry Kaiser/Wadada Leo Smith Miles Davis tribute -called "Yo
Miles" - it's amazing - 2 discs both seconds short of 80 (EIGHTY!!!)
minutes.... you get yr $$ worth here!

They do a take on the early/mid 70s miles - the "on the
corner-pangaea-agharta-jack johnson-live evil" type years....

with Nels Cline, Chris Muir, Elliott Sharp, Bob Bralove, John Medeski,
Micheal Manring, the Rova Sax Quartete..

it's just amazing - if you like that Miles period

check out Henry's site for details - liner notes, cover art etc>>>>

http://php.indiana.edu/~mpiper/HKMain.html

(thanks to Jeff Collins for hipping me to this wonderful site!!!)

andre'