Echoplex in Belgium? 2nd try

Hello loopers,

Since I didn t find my mail in the digest, I post it a second time with
some additions:

After reading about the Echoplex in the Looper's pages, I really wanted
such a thing. But after a few weeks hunting in Belgian music-shops around
Brussels and Antwerp, I have come to believe the EDP is like the Loch Ness
monster: it's picture is on the web, everybody's talking about it, but
does it really exist...??? No one sells it.

As soon as I mention the word Oberheim, vendors get this worried
expression on their face. Many complain about Oberheim service and refuse
to list the stuff. Like Claude Lassonde in Montreal, I was told the story
that Oberheim no longer lists the EDP. Moreover Oberheim seems to have a
peculiar idea of customer service. None of my mails get answered, and the
Echoplex-page is indeed still on the Gibson website. I do not know of many
succesful companies that ignore requests saying "I like your product! I
want it! I need it! Please, please sell it to me!". Those that do so, end
up in Dilbert cartoons.

In any case I am surprised at how few looping devices are available. With
all those experimental musicians outthere who worship Fripp, how come you
need to kill for a JamMan or EDP? Not everyone can afford a TC Electronics
box, and judging by the stories I hear, even the smallest shops get 2-3
requests for looping devices every week. There's a market out there but
nobody seems to want it...

Since I first tried to post this last week, I've seen that even in sunny
California finding an EDP is not a sinecure. Does any European looper know
of a distributor for the EDP in a city near Brussels (Paris? Amsterdam?
Cologne? London?...). Thanks!

Serge Devadder
Brussel, Belgium
serge.devadder@planetinternet.be