belgium loopers...

For Serge: I'm french but now live in Belgium. As you experienced it,
looping device are not exactly trendy, on the edge of fashion. I spent a
lot of time looking (at this time, about 1 year ago) a Jamman. No way or
so expensive, you wouldn't believe.

This ended in me buying it in America, thanks to someone of the list
locating one in a store to which I phoned immediately (according of
course to local american time!). The machine was sent to me, and the
time it passed through customs, with all taxes paid, and with the
shipping price (which is awfully high, of course), it took 1 week and an
half, and between one third and half the price. Everything then
absolutely legal.
Now to add some fuel to the fire I'll use to burn importing dealer, when
I bought the memory to expand it to full capacity, it was $50, shipping
included. In France Beyer (that imports Lexicon) would sell them for
2000 French Francs (about $333).
I had AGAIN THANKS TO THE PEOPLE OF THE LIST, THAT MUST BE STRESSED!
bought a vortex for a price that was barely all things included one
third of the french price.
Usually, prices in belgium are very near than french ones.

The lesson is: I propose we stop paying for allowing dealer (i mean
"importers", but does it exists?) going in vacation with their
secretaries in the sun?
The aother thing is can get rid of warranty, which is usually the "real"
price to pay...

Olivier Malhomme