Re: groove sampling

I've been thinking of the same thing.
Eventually my choice is turning me to the ESI 4000 from Emu, which a low
price and a quality of sound no A3000 can even hope to have. The filter
section is a dream.

Anyway, thgat can be huge to have also to handle a sampler on stage
while playing guitar...
I tested not long ago (2 weeks) a new Roland thing which is a a kind of
octapad, whith -waow!- 8 pads, several hundreds of sounds, and loops.
You can create your own loops and the sounds are pretty incredible,
really and extremely dynamic.
So, it can add the thing of people seeing you perform the "rythm loop"
and then add other instruments on it, or you can prerecord your
percussion loop and then make it start when you want it. It coast about
us $700, I think.

Olivier Malhomme