Re: Equiptment...Layla

With regard to Layla:

As far as their untimely announcements I only heard about this much later
so it
didn't bother me as I wasn't waiting for one, but I must say that Event
has set
a new industry precedent; get the hype going by announcing the product and
then
don't release it right away...what is this a new marketing strategy? I
must say
though, for all this b.s. they have a solid product.

My pc setup includes 128 Ram, 3 gig hard running Cakewalk so I literally
record
the loop by muting then sampler style (one), record the one pass and let
cakewalk do the looping after adjusting the tempo.

I'm a violinist and my absolutely mostest favoritest mic for recording and
live
comes from the world of horns...the ATM-35 miniature condenser with a
gooseneck
clip 'cause I can't afford anything else, but even if I had a Neumann I
have a
noisy apartment (no excuse really). I don't have a mic pre but would buy a
joe
meek if I could. I can't recommend this mic highly enough, it's my secret
weapon
and especially if you're a fiddle player. You know, electric's sound
horrible.

Matthew Pierce