Re: Looping Music to Transition Seasons

Go outside with a portable recorder and a skechpad. Find a place to sit,
breathe deeply and when you're ready sing  tones or make vocal sounds into
the
tape or even describe the feeling of the atmosphere. Sketch a visual
representation of the feeliing and vibe of the environment, maybe draw some
waves that look like the sound you might be imagining as you're there.

The idea is to intensify your awareness and deepen your experience while
you
are there, then bring everything back home and start sketching the
soundscape,
both working from memory and referring to your field notes.

I miss New England, especially right about now. Actually, noticing the
change
of seasons in Southern California can be VERY sensitizing. If your not
paying
attention, you'll eventually look around and wonder what season it is.

eric p