Jam-man reset solved

Loopers,
 I think I've solved the problem with the Jam-Man resetting. It is caused
by a  flakey switch, specifically the rotary 'mode' switch. As you know,
turning this switch clears the memory (WHY??), disconcerting when you
expect it to only change the timebase of the loop. The type of switch seems
to be identical to those used on the LXP-1 and LXP-5. I suffered through
diagnosing the odd behavior that those switches caused years ago. I tend to
keep my Jam-Man in the 16 or 24 'phrased loop' setting, due to a
programming oversight which  assumes that loops are only one bar long,
which means that when you've expanded the memory you can have a 32 second
bar, and an equivalent MIDI tempo of  7.5 BPM. Not good. I use the tempo
LED to keep track of my loops, and using the 16 or 24 setting gives me a
reasonable flash rate. Now that those switch positions are shot, I'll have
to do something else...

-Chuck Zwicky