Re: Zoom 2100

First Thanks to all for making me welcome - what a friendly bunch you
are!

This new Zoom seems pretty good. I just downloaded the manual and it has
some whacky capabilities. There seem to be delays coming out of every
orifice a 6sec here and a 10 sec there. The 32secs is at reduced
bandwidth but I remember playing with a boss digital delay pedal with a
7k bandwidth and it sounded perfectly clear. Maybe I've been deafened by
my Marshall though.This Zoom is CHEAP!!
Don't get the impression that I want to talk gear all the time though.
I've been trawling through the digests and one of the things i like
about this mailing list is the variety of postings drom DIY philosophy
to hard specs on equipment along with shared experiences and ideas for
gigs etc.
I'm just going to answer a couple of Q's from Andre'

> i gots a couple questions?? -see!
>
> -How's the gigging in wales??
There are all sorts of venues from acid jazz clubs to indie dives to a
monthly event called "The Diggers" this usually features off the wall
freeform music. Last time I was there we had live signal processing of a
flute piece with a MAC, freeform jazz and traditional moroccan music
played on a couple of lutes.

> -do you get to see any 'looping artists' ,
Never seen one. Upuntill last week I thought I was the only one!

> -what's the nearest major/minor tour-stop??

Major - Cardiff international Arena and Newport Centre
How minor is minor?

> -what, if any, are some of the artists you like to listen to...?

Eric Satie, Debussy, Ravel, David Sylvian, Carl Orff, The Orb, Tangerine
Dream
, Peter Gabriel, Giovanni Gabrielli,Massive Attack, Palestrina, JS Bach.
I intend to listen to some of David Torn's work since it seems to be
highly reccommended judging by the digests.
Any suggestions?

> - do any recording??
Yes I've been writing music for theatre, dance, TV, film, animation
professionally for some time now though I think I've had enough of it. I
lecture now. Its more regular and quite stimulating.

toodleoo,
Gareth