Re: Childrens' Sequencer Program

In a message dated 10/9/98 6:23:20 AM, Mark@asisoftware.com writes:

>Does anyone know of a sequencer program that works like the old
>Electro-Harmonix sequencer--8 sliders (one for each note in the sequence)
>that produce an endless loop?
>I want to introduce my kids to looping.

i'm curious as to why you've focussed upon introducing yer kids to looping
via
a 'sequencer', as opposed to having them looping actual audio (via, ya
know:
EDP, jamman, boomerang, etc.....) ?
looping airborne sounds can be such a vivid, visceral experience, i think:
what with a microphone, harmonica, hand-drum, turntable, bass, guitar
and/or
*whatever* as kiddly-controlled input.
anyway,
in my experience:
botha my boys cut their loop-teeth on a PCM42/digitech thingie/jamman,
etc.;
many years later, botha them continue to loop, as a source for their own
enjoyment & creativity.
best,
dt